Thursday, July 14, 2011

Emmy nominations

So, the nominations are here. I've been disappointed in the Emmys many times before but I'm still going to give it a chance. However, I'll react to the nominations here.

F&CK YEAH:
  • All the adult cast members of Modern Family making it
  • nomination for Matt LeBlanc for the brilliant Episodes
  • no nomination for Neil Patrick Harris (seriously, I'm tired of that show and his character)
  • Mad Men gaining less nominations (Could The Good Wife win? One can hope :D)
  • Glee not getting many nods (Gosh, I hate that show)
Pleasant surprise and/or Enthusiastic Nods:
  • The love for Justified.
  • Outstanding Drama Series to Friday Night Lights
  • Again, some love for Maggie Smith is always great and I hope she beats my arch enemy (M.L.)
  • Martha Plimpton is so great and I'm so happy she was nominated.
Not so sure:
  • I was quite furious that Kyra Sedgwick won last year but not giving her a nomination? I don't think that was fair.
  • Zach Galifianikis? I'm so tired of him...
WTF?
  • Mariska Hargitay getting in. I mean... COME ON! Why is she nominated every single damn year?
  • No writing nominations for The Good Wife? Are you kidding?
  • Only one writing nomiantion for Modern Family?
  • Jon Cryer is still getting nominated. Again, some originality, dear voters?
Well, that's it! Later I'll reveal some of my picks, I'll watch (some of) the submitted episodes as I don't watch 20 series regularly (I need some life).

However, I'm saying right now that I'm rooting as hell for Modern Family and Julianna Margulies! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Melissa Leo as well, and I hope Maggie Smith, who is one of the greatest actress ever, beats her! :)

dinasztie said...

YAY! :)

Anonymous said...

It's strange how I was all aboard Team Glee last year and in one year I've turned against it so much. I'll defend the first season to my death, but this year it was just so all over the place.

I don't watch very many dramas (seriously the only Drama nominee in any category I've seen is Kathy Bates in Harry's Law, plus Paul McCrane in Guest Actor).

The Cougar Town omissions make me sad. Cox and Philipps are so much better than most of the nominees in Actress and Supporting Actress.

I'm Team Parks and Rec/Amy Poehler/Matt Leblanc/Sofia Vergara/Ty Burrell/Gwyneth Paltrow/Justin Timberlake.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! :D Maggie Smith did win! I'm so happy! Glad Julianna won too! ;)