So, the nominations are here. I've been disappointed in the Emmys many times before but I'm still going to give it a chance. However, I'll react to the nominations here.
- All the adult cast members of Modern Family making it
- nomination for Matt LeBlanc for the brilliant Episodes
- no nomination for Neil Patrick Harris (seriously, I'm tired of that show and his character)
- Mad Men gaining less nominations (Could The Good Wife win? One can hope :D)
- Glee not getting many nods (Gosh, I hate that show)
Pleasant surprise and/or Enthusiastic Nods:
- The love for Justified.
- Outstanding Drama Series to Friday Night Lights
- Again, some love for Maggie Smith is always great and I hope she beats my arch enemy (M.L.)
- Martha Plimpton is so great and I'm so happy she was nominated.
Not so sure:
- I was quite furious that Kyra Sedgwick won last year but not giving her a nomination? I don't think that was fair.
- Zach Galifianikis? I'm so tired of him...
- Mariska Hargitay getting in. I mean... COME ON! Why is she nominated every single damn year?
- No writing nominations for The Good Wife? Are you kidding?
- Only one writing nomiantion for Modern Family?
- Jon Cryer is still getting nominated. Again, some originality, dear voters?
Well, that's it! Later I'll reveal some of my picks, I'll watch (some of) the submitted episodes as I don't watch 20 series regularly (I need some life).
However, I'm saying right now that I'm rooting as hell for Modern Family and Julianna Margulies! :)