Saturday, July 2, 2011

My favorite actresses

Yes, this one is also a really crucial subject to get to know each other. It might be tedious to read all of these names but I'll try. I will comment on my favorite actress only because otherwise it would get really boring and you wouldn't read it anyway, just watch the pictures (sorry, I know, I'm just thinking about myself :D) .

My all-time favorite actress is...
Jane Fonda
I mean, how could she not be my favorite actress, favorite person and everything? If you ask me, she's the most versatile actress I know of. She can play the depressed dance marathon contender in They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, a hooker in Klute, a boring housewife going through a radical change in Coming Home, an estranged daughter in On Golden Pond, the opportunist reporter in The China Syndrome and the list could go on. No matter if the movie's a lightweight comedy like Barefoot in the Park, a satyre like Nine to Five or a serious drama like Julia, Jane is always the BEST! :)
My dream is that she presents Best Picture at next year's Oscars (and of course, meeting her in person)! :)
Must-see: Preferably everything, but if I had to choose, Klute; They Shoot Horses, Don't They?; Coming Home, On Golden Pond, Nine to Five, The China Syndrome, Barefoot in the Park, Julia

Maggie Smith
Must-see: A Private Function, The Lonely Passion of Judith Hyrne, California Suite, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Gosford Park, Tea with Mussolini, A Room with a View

Barbara Stanwyck
Must-see: Double Indemnity; The Lady Eve;Sorry, Wrong Number; Ball of Fire

Ellen Burstyn
Must-see: Resurrection, The Exorcist, Requiem for a Dream, The Last Picture Show

Ingrid Bergman
Must-see: Autumn Sonata (in my TOP 5-10 performances), Casablanca, Cactus Flower, Notorious, Gaslight

Glenn Close
Must-see: Dangerous Liaisons, Fatal Attraction, all the episodes of Damages, Reversal of Fortune

Irene Dunne
Must-see: Love Affair, The Awful Truth

Bette Davis
Must-see: All about Eve, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?, Jezebel; Now, Voyager

Sissy Spacek
Must-see: Coal Miner's Daughter, Carrie, In the Bedroom, Missing

Julianna Margulies
Must-see: City Island, The Good Wife, her episodes on ER

Angela Lansbury
Must-see: The Manchurian Candidate, Gaslight, Beauty and the Beast, some episodes of Murder, She Wrote

Edie Falco
Must-see: The Sopranos, Nurse Jackie

Right now, I'm talking about movie and TV actresses only. Stage actresses would be a different category. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice choices. All great great actresses. Jane Fonda is a legend!

dinasztie said...

Jane Fonda is indeed a legend. :)